Kickboxing For Teenagers
Get your teenager active, healthy, and self-defense ready with our highly acclaimed Kickboxing classes. No experience is needed. All our classes are beginner-friendly.
Now enrolling teens ages 14-17. Call (562) 291-6699 to schedule a trial class.
Teen Kickboxing Program: This program is designed to teach high school-aged students how to defend themselves by learning the fundamentals of Kickboxing through our Academy Combat Division Muay Thai curriculum.
Q: Why Kickboxing?
A: It is a well-known fact that bullying and violence amongst high school-aged individuals is out of control. Learning Kickboxing can save your child from being a victim whether out in the schoolyard or wherever bad people may be. Besides the benefits of learning Self-Defense, kickboxing classes are a great way to improve overall health and fitness.
Below are some of the subjects we will be covering in our Kickboxing Program:
· How to throw effective punches while keeping a good defensive guard
· How to block and move out of the way of punches
· How to throw effective kicks to the legs, mid-section, and head
· How to check (block) kicks at all levels
· How to clinch (tie up) an opponent in order to attack from a close distance with knees and elbows
· How to break out of the clinch and counter the clinch
This list could go on and on but you get the idea
Bottom line: S#iT is crazy out there. These days everyone needs to learn self-defense.
Cross-training in Jiu-Jitsu: At Academy teenagers get access to train in all our disciplines at no extra cost. We want all our students to become well-rounded martial artists. Ask member services about details.
Our son has had an amazing experience at Academy. We have made great friends and their coaches and staff have become a second family.